cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move the DropBox folder

Can't move the DropBox folder

Art1st
New member | Level 2

I want to move my DropBox folder from SSD disk to HDD, but i cant do it cause of the problem called "Could not move some files. Choose a different location or close open files and then try again.", but this folder is empty and all files are deleted already.
Ive just installed the Windows 10 and downloaded DropBox app.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't move the DropBox folder

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Art1st  - sorry to hear that.

If this is not too much trouble for you, could you perform a clean, advanced re-install and then use the steps outlined in the Help Center article below to move your Dropbox Folder?

Additionally, you should ensure that the file system of the external drive meets the file system requirements. Those can be found in the following Help Center article:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/system-requirements

I'd strongly recommend choosing a location on the same hard drive as your operating system as our desktop app won't work correctly should the Dropbox folder ever become inaccessible.

Let me know how this goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Art1st  - sorry to hear that.

If this is not too much trouble for you, could you perform a clean, advanced re-install and then use the steps outlined in the Help Center article below to move your Dropbox Folder?

Additionally, you should ensure that the file system of the external drive meets the file system requirements. Those can be found in the following Help Center article:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/system-requirements

I'd strongly recommend choosing a location on the same hard drive as your operating system as our desktop app won't work correctly should the Dropbox folder ever become inaccessible.

Let me know how this goes!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Art1st
New member | Level 2

I've reinstalled the app clearly and now it works good. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Glad to hear this worked @Art1st!

Should you ever face a hiccup like this or have any questions for us, feel free to let us know; we're merely a post away :wink:

Thanks for using Dropbox and have a lovely week ahead!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?