cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open Microsoft Online files from Dropbox online

Can't open Microsoft Online files from Dropbox online

MCCA
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Everytime I try to open a doc from Dropbox Online into Microsoft Word Online it just opens to a blank page.

I'm on a Dropbox Team.

I have a Microsoft Office Online account through my university (different email to my Dropbox account).

I've tried Chrome and Firefox.

Most importantly, it works fine using another computer (PC) but not my Macbook Pro.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MCCA
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Lusil - I restarted my computer and then it worked again. But will experiment with your suggestions next time this happens as it happens quite often. thanks

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @MCCA, thanks for reaching out to us and thanks for trying out another browser!

That definitely helps us narrow down our investigation. 

Could you also try again:

• From an incognito window?
  • After clearing your browser's cache? 
  • Once you make sure that you're not running any third party browser extensions or plugins? 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MCCA
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Lusil - I restarted my computer and then it worked again. But will experiment with your suggestions next time this happens as it happens quite often. thanks

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries, @MCCA! In any case, I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern. :grin:

If anything else pops up in the future, just give me a shout. Hope you have a lovely day ahead! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

imusgbc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil,  I am experiencing similar issue. I am using Google Chrome (non-incongito mode). I have turned off ad blockers for dropbox.com and enabled dropbox,com to set cookies. Can you help resolve this issue? Thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @imusgbc, thanks for nudging us on this thread.

I'd be happy to help look into this, but before we move on, could you confirm if you've tried another browser or an incognito window? How about rebooting your computer? 

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

imusgbc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes, @Lusil, I have tried this in Firefox. Firefox allows me to open mircrosft online files via dropbox.com. However, I can't use Chrome with dropbox.com.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your swift reply, @imusgbc

What exactly happens when you try to open the files on the website? Do you get any error messages?

If you do, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) so that I can have a better visual understanding of your concern?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

imusgbc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil, 

It buffers with the mircosoft word/excel logo in a continous loop despite being properly logged into my microsoft account. Below is a photo of the logo. Fyi, my cookies and pop up ad blocker is turned off too. Thanks!Capture.JPG

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Could you also clear your browser's cache? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Keep me posted, @imusgbc!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SCBC treasurer New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    imusgbc Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?