cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can’t print Word or Excel files from Dropbox.com

Can’t print Word or Excel files from Dropbox.com

itsjustme1
Helpful | Level 6

I have Dropbox.com set to open office files on the web with office integration. I open my Word document from dropbox.com
The file opens in Word (online at the Dropbox.com site)
When I choose File, Print...it says file is ready to print but never does anything. Never opens another window to select printer. Says if nothing opens, to download the file from the file menu. There is no download option anywhere in the file menu. Never get anything else. Doesn't print or download. No message in Edge showing me that it's trying to open a download.
Word documents = I click on print. It says file is ready to print. Nothing ever happens though. Using Edge or Chrome.

Excel = I click on print. New window opens but says blocked by Edge and Chrome. I have no extensions and set browser to defaults.

I also have an Office 365 account under a different email address. When I login to my Onedrive account, I can use everything without issue. I was trying to transition over to Dropbox, but without this properly working I can’t use it and will be requesting a refund.

Wesley from tech support keeps pushing the blame on office. Obviously not an office issue since that works perfectly fine by. It has something to do with Dropbox and/or the office integration. I really wish they would step up to the plate and assist me.

13 Replies 13

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @itsjustme1, thanks for messaging today!

When you attempt to print the file via Office Online, do you get an option for a printable PDF of the document? 

Does that version print from the Dropbox site?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

itsjustme1
Helpful | Level 6

I get nothing at all…no screenshot to show you. Nothing happens. Office 365 was so much better than Dropbox.  Never had issues. I find it amazing no one has these problems except for me. 

itsjustme1
Helpful | Level 6

My 365 account works perfect. Doing this from my Dropbox account doesn’t do a thing. Doesn’t print. Doesn’t download anything. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
If you're not getting a prompt, then there is definitely something on your browser, machine or network preventing it from loading, since I get a prompt on my test devices without having a 365 account. There is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

Could you try using incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

itsjustme1
Helpful | Level 6

Doesn't work. I have no programs installed.  Just fresh install of Windows 10

itsjustme1
Helpful | Level 6

I have no extensions running either.  Literally, a brand new Windows 10 install with nothing else loaded

Jay
Dropbox Staff
As this doesn't appear to be Dropbox-related, since this works on our test devices, I'll leave this thread open for other users to suggest other ideas on how to resolve this.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

itsjustme1
Helpful | Level 6

Tried on a few other computers and same issue

otterphotographyllc
Helpful | Level 5

I have tested 3 different systems that have this same issue and one test system was a brand new install of windows 10 not joined to a domain with no group policy settings no plugins what so ever this is present on both edge and chrome please fix this I can give you screenshots and remote access to the systems to take a look if needed thank you

Need more support?