cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reinstall Dropbox desktop app on Win10

Can't reinstall Dropbox desktop app on Win10

JayBranch
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Giys, 

Sometime my dropbox app stoped syncing and I've uninstall the app using the advanced uninstall method. 

But I can't install the dropbox again now. Sometimes it is just nothin happening when I'm trying to launch the installer and sometimes I get this error message: Screenshot_db.jpg

5 Replies 5

Re: Can't reinstall Dropbox desktop app on Win10

Walter
Dropboxer

Have you tried an advanced re-install as well yet @JayBranch

Let me know how this goes and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JayBranch
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

That's right, I erformed the advanced reinstall procedure but when I try to run the latest version of installer it isn't start. Windows just ticking the clocks for half a second and that's all. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @JayBranch - where is the installer actually located if I may ask? Are you running it from your main drive? Is it on a supported format

Also, do you happen to have any security programs running on the affected computer such as antivirus programs or firewalls?

Also, note that issues like this can sometimes arise when your Dropbox folder or its system files are located in a mounted network drive or a remote location (like roaming profiles) since this could cause Dropbox to not have constant access or permissions to operate in those locations. 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. Thanks! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JayBranch
Explorer | Level 3

@Walter

Installer is located on the main drive (I have only one drive actually). It is the supported format and I tried online and offline installers. The same story. 

I have antivirus but itsn't prevent me from installing programms. I don't have such a problem with other programms. 

May be it is some problem with the registry but I search it and deleted everything related to dropbox. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Can you try disabling your antivirus for the sake of troubleshooting for a while @JayBranch?

Sometimes, the antivirus/security software on your computer(s) will block Dropbox from completing the install. To see if this is the issue, follow these steps:

1. Temporarily disable any antivirus or security programs on your computer.
  2. Reinstall the Dropbox application using our offline installer.

Keep me posted on your findings please Jay! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    JayBranch Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?