cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't relink my computer to my dropbox account

Can't relink my computer to my dropbox account

Judy44
New member | Level 2

I have alimit of 3 devices on my account.  Discovered I had 5 linked and needed to remedy.  Deleted 2 devices:  my laptop and iPhone.  Found I can no longer sync from my desktop, which was previously listed on my account, but (somehow is no longer).  Currently, my account is showing only two devices on my account and I want to re-add my desktop, have tried numerous ways and times (including uninstalling and reinstalling Dropbox, restarting computer, adding remotely by scanning code from iPad, etc. - still unable to add desktop to devices listed in my account.  I use my destop for most Dropbox entries & then sync with 2 other devices and would really like to be able to get this problem resolved.  Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Re: Can't relink my computer to my dropbox account

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@Judy44 wrote:

I have alimit of 3 devices on my account.  Discovered I had 5 linked and needed to remedy.  Deleted 2 devices:  my laptop and iPhone.  ...

Hi @Judy44,

Following your words: Seems you have Basic (free) account -> 3 device limit. Initially the account has 5 devices connected. You have already removed 2 of them.

5 - 2 = 3

Seems you have 3 devices connected still (or at least 3 connections left, could be old and unusable, check it), so you are on the limit exactly. That's why you can't connect any more devices.

Go in you devices security settings and take a look: are there some dummy connections. If there is some "strange" connection, remove it (using the X at the end of same line), so new connection could gets established.

Hope this gives right direction.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?