cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't save to Dropbox in Windows 10 S mode

Helpful | Level 6

Thought I'd add a bit more info for people coming upon this like I did and not wanting to exit S mode.

Using the Dropbox for S Mode app from the Microsoft Store, you can, in some applications, open from and save to Dropbox from within the application. If you open or save from within an app (e.g. File > Open or File > Save As..., etc), the File Explorer dialog that opens will, in some applcations, have Dropbox listed in the left sidebar, at the bottom.

You can also open files directly from within the Dropbox for S Mode app.

I use the Dropbox for S Mode app on my Surface Go - it's usable, albeit not the same as the desktop experience.

New member | Level 2

Seems as if MS have bogged the system.  Can't load Dropbox from anywhere else than MS store and it only offers the S mode.  S mode is useless in Win 10.  Back to Win 7 !!

New member | Level 2

I have 10 Pro and Dropbox thinks I have 10 S and have confirmed that I dont have S mode!!!! What next?

It will not let me load dropbox!!!

Dropboxer

Hey @HSG-DH, thanks for joining the topic!

If your device isn't running S mode, can you confirm for me if you downloaded the Dropbox app from our website here?

Otherwise, can you let me know if you're getting any specific errors when trying to open the app?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply but yes, it's OK now.

I can't remember what I did clearly but it's OK.

With thanks,

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?