cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see comment panel on file preview

Can't see comment panel on file preview

New member | Level 2

On iPhone and iPad, when someone shares a file with me using @mention and I click on it in the notifications section, I can't bring up the comment panel in the preview anymore. I now have to download the file to comment it. Is this something that was changed in a recent update for mobile? The web application can do this just fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't see comment panel on file preview

Dropboxer

Hey @NP5 - thanks for reporting this!

As I see your case has been escalated to a higher level of support internally, I would suggest that you wait for an update on this matter from our expert. I have passed your comments here along to the team too and gave them a little nudge in order to speed this process up!

Thank you for your cooperation and patience in regards to this issue and have a great rest of your day!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer

Hey @NP5 - thanks for reporting this!

As I see your case has been escalated to a higher level of support internally, I would suggest that you wait for an update on this matter from our expert. I have passed your comments here along to the team too and gave them a little nudge in order to speed this process up!

Thank you for your cooperation and patience in regards to this issue and have a great rest of your day!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Has there been a solution for this? My boss is having the same issues. Thanks!

Dropboxer

Hey there @lkelsey85, thanks for joining the topic!

If you're opening the file through the mobile app, you should be able to see the comments pane along the bottom.

Should you not be able to see that there, can you send me a screenshot of what you can see when viewing the file?

Let me know - cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?