cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see files on Dropbox website

Can't see files on Dropbox website

RJRPoole
Explorer | Level 3

I can no longer see any of my files on the Dropbox website, but the folders are all working fine. On Firefox, the site looks like a ghost. On Safari I get a crude list of hyperlinks which don;'t work. (Screenshots attached). All attempts to re-install Dropbox from both browsers fail, and I get a blank screen when I click the link to contact Dropbox support. I am using a 2015 Mac OS 10.11.6 with the firewall turned off.

Can anyone help please? Or put me in touch with Dropbox support via e-mail?

RobertWeb image on FirefoxWeb image on FirefoxWeb image on SafariWeb image on Safari

6 Replies 6

Re: Can't see files on Dropbox website

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey Robert (@RJRPoole), sorry to hear that you can’t access your account on our website. Rest assured that I’m here to help as much as I can & thanks a lot for the detailed explanation & the screenshots, these have been really helpful!

As you’ve mentioned that you’ve already tried loading your account online through a different browser & you’re seeing a similar behavior there, let me ask you if this persists through an incognito/private browsing window. 

Sometimes users are reporting similar issues as a result of a security setting or a plugin installed on their browser. Can you visit our login webpage (or your shared links) on a browser without the browser plugins once & see if that amends the behavior? As an additional step, clearing your browser's cache would be helpful.

If this persists, you may have to check your network settings,as these may affect your connection. Are you connecting through a work/ corporate network by any chance? If so, you may have to check with your company’s IT, as there may be an update on your Firewall settings (or some other additional security precaution put in place) that’s been affecting your connection. Are other users in your network experiencing the same behavior incidentally? Have you reset your router maybe? 

Hopefully this sheds some more light on the matter & please do keep me updated on this discussion on how my pointers work for you. Thanks again for reaching out on our Community & I’ll be awaiting your next update here!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

RJRPoole
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have tried logging in and installing on both Firefox private and Safari private. In both cases I get the same window of crude hyperlinks, and my log-in (which I have checked carefully) fails, giving me an 'Error 405' notice. When I use the hyperlink 'Install' I get in both cases a blank screen. I attach the Firefox screenshots. I am not getting these problems with any other web app.

I'm not using a Firewall on my computer, though whether the browsers have their own firewalls I don't know. And I'm not using a work network.

I don't understand 'visit your shared links on a browser without the browser plugins once'. I don't know how to do that.

I don't want to clear my browser cache if I can avoid it because this can cause problems.

Can you say please why I am getting these peculiar-looking hyperlink menus on Safari, and the log-in failure? This has been happening on Safari for a long time, so I use Firefox. Now Firefox private is doing the same. On Firefox, all these problems have happened since the new Dropbox. I will have to give up Dropbox because I can no longer use the web menu to share anything new. Firefox private login windowFirefox private login windowFirefox private install linkFirefox private install link

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for circling back to me on that discussion with these additional details screenshots Robert (@RJRPoole), let me follow-up with you a bit more closely! 

Now, as you’ve mentioned that you’re getting an 'Error 405', let me quickly redirect you to this workaround here, that could be helpful to you (note: a fellow Community member narrowed down the cause to being related to RoboForm). From there, as the: https://www.dropbox.com/install has been returning a blank window as well when you’re attempting to install our desktop app, I’d assume that someone in your network is blocking your connection to our website. While you’ve confirmed that you’re not connecting behind a Firewall, it’s possible that the culprit is an extension or plugin that’s affecting your access to your Dropbox account online. 

When it comes to my pointer above 'visit your shared links on a browser without the browser plugins once’, this was a mistake on my end though I’ve made sure to amend my previous reply (& you may have a second look if it's not much trouble for you). To re-iterate my response, I meant to point you towards third-party applications working in the background that could be blocking your access to https://www.dropbox.com/h. For that reason, we ask that you restore your browser to its default settings and disable any browser plugins. The issue you're experiencing may be the result of a security setting or a plugin that you have installed on your browser. Last but not least, I understand that it may not be ideal to you, though clearing your cache would be useful in determining the most appropriate next steps to tackle this issue. 

I hope that my advice helps you fix the issue you’re facing & I’ll be awaiting to hearing back from you with the results Robert. Wishing you a fruitful & creative week ahead until we talk again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

RJRPoole
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Jane,

Thank you for your detailed response. I have cleared the cache on Firefox, then did a complete refresh which (I found afterwards) cleared a lot of stuff I didn't want to clear. I then went back to the dropbox logo at the top of my screen, clicked the web logo, and got this image again, same as before. (If I click 'files' its the same)

So that you can see that I do have working dropbox files, I attach an image of those.

As everythign is blank I can't even find out how to install Dropbox again.

I am not on a network, my firewall is off, and I do not use Roboform whatever that is.

Any other suggestions? I can use my existing files perfectly well, but I can't use the website, so I can't invite anyone or accept invites. If people do invite me to new fiolders the links fail, but the folders do somehow appear on their own after a day or two - but only in Finder, not on any browser.

Any other ideas please?

Robert

Dropbox Files WindowDropbox Files Window

Dropbox Firefox window after refreshDropbox Firefox window after refresh

RJRPoole
Explorer | Level 3

PS Found your Dropbox install link, tried that - another blank window.

Jane
Dropboxer
I appreciate your ongoing cooperation so far Robert (@RJRPoole) & thanks a lot for your efforts & taking the time to send me this meticulous report of the behavior from your standpoint. 

I’d like to dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your setup through our Official Support channel. So as to look into the matter having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. I’ll be awaiting your next reply & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    RJRPoole Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?