cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign in dropbox personal after Migration to new iMac

Can't sign in dropbox personal after Migration to new iMac

muhsak
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

I migrate from one iMac to another via Apple Migration Assistant and most recent backup of my old iMac. The migration was OK without any error. 

After installation, dropbox prompts me to login again. I have two accounts, one businesse account and one personal account. I logged in to my business account first, and then Dropbox app prompt to add my personal accout. When I try to login I encounter with an error: Dropbox - 500, Something went wrong. I didn't find related guide on Help Center. 

Some points:

1. I updated Dropbox app to latest version;
  2. I don't have any problem to enter both account via web browser;
  3. I unlinked the Old iMac from dropbox account.

3 Replies 3

Re: Can't sign in dropbox personal after Migration to new iMac

Elixir
Super User

Hello there, in general HTTP error 500 indicates some serverside problem. Could you try loging in at a later time and see if the problem is resolved? 

muhsak
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your help. But I checked it again about 5 hours later. And again the error:

Screen Shot 1399-10-12 at 06.52.15.png

This problem is for signing in for second accoutn. If I sign out from my Business account and istead I login with my personal account, as the first account, it is OK, but then I will have this problem to sign in my Business account as second account.

Elixir
Super User

It could be an issue affecting macOS Big Sur. Another user also posted similar error. You may open a support ticket https://www.dropbox.com/support from your paid account to have someone from the support team to look into the issue. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?