cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't sign in to Dropbox app after Time Machine restore

Highlighted

Can't sign in to Dropbox app after Time Machine restore

Explorer | Level 3

I recently restored my iMac from a Time Machine backup. After this completed I could no longer sign in to my Dropbox desktop app. I have tried restarts, uninstalls, reinstalls and an advanced reinstall of the DB app and nothing is working. I also unlinked my device from my DB account. Every time I try to sign in to the Dropbox app I simply get a gray pop-up that says "Something went wrong, Try again or check out our Help Center". Please help!

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @thedanmancan,

Is your case similar to noted here? If the referred doesn't help, post the content of the file pointed by a blue link on the "pop-up" (as noted there).

Good luck.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Здравко Similar, thank you. But I have tried deleting the .dropbox file and the Library ("Helper") files before deleting then reinstalling the DB app and I still just get this message any time I try to sign in to the app. :/Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 1.03.44 PM.png

Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Oh... I see. That doesn't seem so similar. 🙁

Other thing I can suggest, if you haven't done already, is the advanced reinstall.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks @Здравко. I did do an advanced reinstall and that did not help either, unfortunately. :/

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @thedanmancan!

Can you let me know if this computer is still showing as connected within your security page here?

If you see the computer linked there still, please try unlinking this device to see if that helps.

Please bear in mind that if you have a Basic account, you can only link up to 3 devices as outlined here.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
@Daphne

Thanks for asking. My iMac does not show as linked. I did previously unlink it in an attempt to fix my issue.

Thanks,
Dan
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

In that case, could you disable any antivirus you might have running on the device, firewall or even VPN/proxy settings that you might have on that computer and try installing the desktop app through the following link, Dan?

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=106.4.368&plat=mac&type=full

Let us know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?