Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't update to new shared workspace

Explorer | Level 3

"Your account can't be updated to the new YPWA shared workspace. To continue syncing your Dropbox account, close the following files or folders: /Users/KB/Dropbox/MAH - couldn't rename /Users/KB/Dropbox/MAH" - Since my manager and I upgraded from personal to business account (free subscription) this happened. (This is my manager's device, can you please check?) Her email is [email removed by moderator] but you can get in touch with me on how to solve this problem, my email is [email removed by moderator]. Thank you.

Device: Mac

-- I'm currently in touch with Jake with ticket #9760671 but i need a solution asap, read related articles online and will try linking/unlinking device and advanced reinstall. But would appreciate if you can provide an immediate solution aside from ones mentioned above so I can also try doing those. Thanks.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Can't update to new shared workspace

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @JelaiPerez - how are you today?

At first, note that I already passed your comments to your existing ticket so we can have all the relevant information under the same place.

When it comes to the error you're getting, I'd suggest that you unlinked your account on the affected device and then re-link it anew to ensure that the desktop app is working correctly. This will restore any settings which may have been changed without affecting or removing your files.

Please follow these steps to unlink and relink your computer:

1) Right-click the Dropbox icon in the system tray, or menu bar, by the clock.
2) Click on your profile picture or initials to the right of the search bar, and select "Preferences".
3) Select the Account tab.
4) Click the "Unlink" button in the Account tab.
5) Your Dropbox will then prompt you to re-enter your account information.

Your account will then take a few moments to re-index your Dropbox folder and sync any pending changes before returning to normal activity.

I hope this helps and please keep us posted on your progress!

Welcome to the Community!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi

I already did this and troubleshooting step didn't solve my problem. I already informed the officer I was coordinating with thru e-mail and the last response I received is written below:

Ticket #9760671: TEAMS: Can't sync Dropbox account

You can add a response by replying to this email.

Please be sure to reply with the same email address that you used to originally contact us.

Jake, Oct 3, 3:55 PM PDT:
Hi Jann,

I sent your request to a member of my team who specializes in this kind of issue. They'll review it carefully, and get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if there's any additional information that you think would be helpful for us to know, please forward it along by replying to this email. (We're able to troubleshoot faster if we have all relevant info in the same email chain.)

Regards,
Jake
--
Can you please coordinate?

Thanks
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information and sorry to hear this (unlinking and relinking the account on the affected device) didn't help @JelaiPerez!

In addition, I've found your existing ticket on our system and passed your comments on to the expert handling your case. You should be hearing from them soon!

If there's anything else I can help with in the meantime, please let me know.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?