cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't upload multiple photos to dropbox from mobile after updating iOS to 13.5.1

Can't upload multiple photos to dropbox from mobile after updating iOS to 13.5.1

Jay Leung
Explorer | Level 4

As captioned...the dropbox icon is shown when I selected one photo but not for move than two..

And even i can select "save to file"....the dropbox area is deactivateCapture.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't upload multiple photos to dropbox from mobile after updating iOS to 13.5.1

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the follow up @Jay Leung!

From what I found, selecting multiple files from the Photos app on an iPhone indeed doesn't give you the "Save to Dropbox" option anymore.

To save multiple files you'll need to choose "Save to Files" or upload through our mobile app using the (+) button.

If the Dropbox option is greyed out when choosing "Save to Files", it could be because you have a passcode enabled for the Dropbox mobile app. If that's the case, you'd need to disable the passcode and from there you'll be able to upload multiple photos at once through the Files app. 

I hope this sheds some additional light and please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Jay Leung; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

It looks like Dropbox has not been set as a location in the Files app after upating to the new iOS version.

Can you please open the Files app on your device and press ‘edit’?

From there, under locations you should see all available locations with Dropbox toggle off. Please switch this on and press 'done'.

After this is done then, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jay Leung
Explorer | Level 4
It works. But the shortcut only shows up when I select one photo.

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the follow up @Jay Leung!

From what I found, selecting multiple files from the Photos app on an iPhone indeed doesn't give you the "Save to Dropbox" option anymore.

To save multiple files you'll need to choose "Save to Files" or upload through our mobile app using the (+) button.

If the Dropbox option is greyed out when choosing "Save to Files", it could be because you have a passcode enabled for the Dropbox mobile app. If that's the case, you'd need to disable the passcode and from there you'll be able to upload multiple photos at once through the Files app. 

I hope this sheds some additional light and please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

muyva
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, I have the same problem. It indeed works when I choose "save to files" option. It is not convenient at all, but it works. 

I'd like to note that I don't have a password on my Dropbox but still cannot share multiple photos. 

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @muyva, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

I just wanted to ask if you've also tried uploading multiple files directly from the Dropbox mobile app by tapping on the (+) icon? 

Keep us posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

muyva
Explorer | Level 4
Hello Lusil, that works too, it’s just not comfortable. To upload lots of photo in Dropbox app I need to tap on each one, while in photos app I just slide my finger.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Ah, I see, thanks for clarifying that for me, @muyva.

I understand this may not be the ideal situation for you, but thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us - much appreciated. 

If you have any other questions or comments you'd like to forward, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?