cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload video from iphone

Can't upload video from iphone

kac0524
New member | Level 2

Every time I try to upload a video from my camera roll, I get this message "Can't upload file. There was a problem uploading 720p.mov. Please try again." I tried deleting and reinstalling the Dropbox app, I've tried saving the video in different size formats, and I still get the same error message. It is happening with longer videos, so the file sizes are larger, but I've done similar file sizes in the past with no issues. Plenty of space left on my account as well.

5 Replies 5

Re: Can't upload video from iphone

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @kac0524

Could you please clarify if you’re trying to upload this video manually through the mobile app or the mobile’s web browser? Are you trying to do this via Wi-Fi or data? Have you tried through a different Wi-Fi by any chance?

Could you also send me a screenshot (omitting personal info) of the error message as well so as to have a better understanding of what you’re seeing? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kac0524
New member | Level 2

Through the mobile app, on wifi.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming that for me, @kac0524

Could you please try connecting to a different Wi-Fi and see if that does the trick? Also, could you please attempt to upload the video file in question while keeping the mobile app in the foreground (for example, without minimizing the app or switching to another app on your mobile device)?

If you’re still having some trouble with this, could you please try uploading it through the desktop app by connecting your mobile device to your computer? 

Let me know of any updates! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kac0524
New member | Level 2

I do not have access to another wifi, and I've never had issues previously with the current wifi I'm on. I do not use the desktop app, only mobile.

The error message comes up instantly; I couldn't even give it a chance to upload without minimizing if I wanted to.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hmm. :thinking: Could you please ensure that there aren’t any pending updates on the mobile’s OS? Maybe that will give us a better insight on the matter. 

If you’re still experiencing the same behavior though, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email due to account-specific info required so as to further investigate. In this case, I can contact you directly to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Let me know how it goes and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    kac0524 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?