cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Dropbox desktop app be used on a roaming profile?

Can the Dropbox desktop app be used on a roaming profile?

rondfw
New member | Level 2

Hello,

The question on https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Files-folders/Is-it-possible-to-load-Dropbox-in-a-roaming-profile/m-... was immediately marked as solved, and pointed the user to a solution from Stefanie on page https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Accounts-billing/Roaming-Profiles/td-p/8118#M264

In that solution, timestamped ‎02-27-2015 03:58 PM the writer (Sofia? Stephanie?) wrote, in part: "Our engineers are also actively working a solution; however, I can't give you an exact timeline when it will become available." 

Since it's now 4+ years later, I'm wondering if there is an update solution, please? One of the two KB in the referenced solution is a broken link and the other refers to Windows Server 2003.  

Thanks,

Ron in Dallas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: roaming profile redux

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @rondfw,

Currently roaming profiles are still unsupported for use with the Dropbox desktop app as Stefanie’s response there is still relevant. That being said, I’ll be more than happy to pass this along to our dev team for review for you.

Please do let me know if you are asking about something slightly different or I have misunderstood your question.

Hope you have a great weekend ahead - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: roaming profile redux

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @rondfw,

Currently roaming profiles are still unsupported for use with the Dropbox desktop app as Stefanie’s response there is still relevant. That being said, I’ll be more than happy to pass this along to our dev team for review for you.

Please do let me know if you are asking about something slightly different or I have misunderstood your question.

Hope you have a great weekend ahead - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?