cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have offline folders on our mobile devices?

Can we have offline folders on our mobile devices?

Serkan U.
New member | Level 1

Hi, do you have plans to add offline folders feature in addition to offline files ? Because we dont want to select thousands of files to enable offline. And we dont want to select new files added to the folder for being ready for offline use

19 Replies 19

Re: Offline Folders

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox doesnt release Road Maps I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Serkan U.
New member | Level 1

they need to do, because its too hard to manage thousands of files everytime, specially moving to new pc, phone, or rearrange folders..

Mark B.108
New member | Level 1

Lack of this feature is causing me to look elsewhere.

Serkan U.
New member | Level 1

Yes, this is really a huge missing thing.

bob.builder77
New member | Level 2

Couldn't agree more, especially since the new Android update makes it even more difficult and time consuming to mark files as favourites 😕 Don't the developers use Dropbox on their mobile devices?

Mariedb
Dropboxer

Hi there! 

Thanks for the feedback. This has already been escalated as a popular issue. 

We are working around the issue that folders are heavier than files and would therefore take up more space on your mobile device. In the meantime, stay tuned for the next updates 🙂 

Thanks! 

michael i.6
New member | Level 1

Any ETA for this feature? I agree that lack of this is an issue for me, and making me look into other options. I understand and I am "OK" with the fact that this will use up space on my mobile device. 

Mariedb
Dropboxer

Hi! 

I'm afraid that for the moment we don't have an ETA for this feature. 

Thanks for your patience and thanks for using Dropbox!

Chad M.8
New member | Level 1

How is this not a feature? So simple ti implement and part of file structuring/ organization.  I thought I used to have this feature until a recent update??!?! Why would I want to access files offline, ex; showing a client past projects, when there will be hundreds of photos to scroll through and manage inn my case?  Makes no sense.....

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ed Dropboxer
    Jason A.20 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
    Miles B.1 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?