cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can we just use SyncToy instead?

Explorer | Level 3

I uploaded a folder with large files using the Dropbox.com website. Now I would like to know if I can use SyncToy to update the files (using synchronizing option) without using the dropbox folder in my PC. Reviewing SyncToy I don't see the option. I want to use this option to avoid my hard drive gets full.  Thx.

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: SyncToy

Super User II
Super User II

@ASAAVE wrote:

Now I would like to know if I can use SyncToy to update the files (using synchronizing option) without using the dropbox folder in my PC.

No, that's not possible. The only way to sync files with your account is to use the Dropbox application on your computer. SyncToy cannot be used to connect to Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Rich.

So if Synctoy is not working, what's my option to update (sync) my files?  It possible dropbox do it by itself?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@ASAAVE wrote:

So if Synctoy is not working, what's my option to update (sync) my files?  It possible dropbox do it by itself?

The only option to sync the files on your computer with your Dropbox account is the Dropbox application, which will create a Dropbox folder on your local computer.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Rich,

The dropbox.com has the option to upload files. I don't understand how there is no option to update such files (website). Please help me to understand this case. Tkx

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@ASAAVE wrote:

The dropbox.com has the option to upload files. I don't understand how there is no option to update such files (website).

You said sync, not upload. Of course you can use the Dropbox website to upload files, including updates to files that already exist in your account, but if you're wanting to sync files from your computer to your Dropbox account, without having the Dropbox folder on your local hard drive, there is no other option.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks again, Rich. I think DB is not backup software. I'll look somewhere.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?