cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me setup my 2 accounts on my computer?

Can you help me setup my 2 accounts on my computer?

ellesix
New member | Level 2

Years ago I had a co worker share a DB with me. He has the account. I installed DB on my computer and its synced to always update.

Today I opened my own DB acct to share files with someone else, separate from my work DB. 

When I opened the icon in windows explorer, it opened my work DB, and I cannot seem to find the DB I just signed up for. 

Can I run 2 DBs on my computer?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2 dropbox accounts

Mark
Super User II
You would need to:

-Unlink his account completely from your computer via https://www.dropbox.com/help/mobile/unlink-relink-computer-mobile
-Delete all of the data from the 'Dropbox' folder
-Relink Dropbox to your OWN account via the same link https://www.dropbox.com/help/mobile/unlink-relink-computer-mobile

Note that in theory you only need one account (yours) as he can simply share files and folders with you via www.dropbox.com/share *but* they will eat up your quota.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
You can only run two DB's on your computer if one of them is a Business Account or part of a team (www.dropbox.com/teams).

So, if that isnt true you need to leave the above account and then sign in with your own after deleting the data first. If you want both on the computer at the same time you need to use 2 operating system user accounts and log out and in between them as you want to use the data for each.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ellesix
New member | Level 2

Mark, thanks for the reply. How do I find out if the original one installeda while ago is a "team or biz" acct? Does it say somewhere?

Mark
Super User II
You would be able to see it at www.dropbox.com/account

And, if it was a Business account you'd have lots of quota (at least 1TB).
If it was a Team account they would be in charge of lots of accounts together (i.e. who can and cannot share), whereas it sounds like you both just share 1 username and password which incidentally is not a good idea.

ellesix
New member | Level 2

Okay, when I clicked on the link you provided, it brought up my personal DB.  The other one installed on my comp, when I right click on the icon in windows explorer, it asks if I want to see the files on dropbox.com, and when I clicked on that, I could see my co workers files, and the title at the top just says Dropbox... not personal or business. If I stopped syncing his, I wonder if my personal DB would show up... ?

Mark
Super User II
You would need to:

-Unlink his account completely from your computer via https://www.dropbox.com/help/mobile/unlink-relink-computer-mobile
-Delete all of the data from the 'Dropbox' folder
-Relink Dropbox to your OWN account via the same link https://www.dropbox.com/help/mobile/unlink-relink-computer-mobile

Note that in theory you only need one account (yours) as he can simply share files and folders with you via www.dropbox.com/share *but* they will eat up your quota.

martha7
New member | Level 2

I also have 2 accounts. One used to be personal, but got linked to a business, so it has personal & business folders in it. I just created another personal one. I can sign into it online, but can't see it on File Manager, can't get to it on my phone, & can't drag & drop files to it.

Thanks.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

martha7 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    ellesix New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?