cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can you remove the space in the dropbox folder name ("Dropbox (Company-Name)")?

Can you remove the space in the dropbox folder name ("Dropbox (Company-Name)")?

Vincent M.9
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm using my companies business dropbox account. And it created a folder called "Dropbox (my companies name here)".

Is there a way to remove the space between "Dropbox" and "("? I don't want to have a space in the path. So the folder name will become "Dropbox-Company" or "Dropbox_Company" or something, but not space.

It seems impossible.

138 Replies 138

Mikas
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ha, just noticed that this discussion is not dead as yet. We moved to other solutions - there are plenty of cloud providers and software solutions that have no limitations like these. Probably it's the wrong place to name them, but if Dropbox (Fiona) reads this conversation - we ditched Dropbox mainly for this reason.

terrestre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi fiona,

You allways say in your answers that you do read and pay attention the your coutsmers'problems. That is nice of you. But it is much better to be professionally efficient  than being nice. DB is really pushing us to look for other solutions with other providers.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I appreciate your feedback @terrestre.

While we report your feature requests, we can't reveal product roadmaps. 

Hope this makes sense.  

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

dmarchant
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Fiona Can you at least tell us if this is ever going to be addressed?  I assume the answer is no (as it is a small change that we have been asking for years with no action taken...) but it would be good of you to come out and say that instead of stringing us along while telling us that our requests are "actually being reviewed" (and taking our money the entire time...).

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your question @dmarchant 

Unfortunately I have no information regarding what is being designed next to make Dropbox better. 

All I can tell you is we do review your feedback. We will make sure to inform you for new releases, when they are out and you can use them to solve the problem. Until then I can only thank you for your input, your patience and understanding. 

Cheers!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

dmarchant
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Fiona By patience and understanding you mean putting up with being ignored for more than 5 years, right? 

danielecook
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi this is really annoying. Please fix it.

take555
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I come here with same space problem.

After reading this thread, I am sure Dropbox do not care about this problem at all.

It seems I must find alternative services.:sob:

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @take555, I understand that this is important to you. 

Based on a quick search I run on our system, I could see that you’re in an open discussion with my colleagues there. It would be more efficient to continue from where you’ve left off with them, since they’ve already gained some insight, however I’ve increased your Support priority internally on my end in order to expedite matters a bit. 

Please include all relevant details on your existing email chain, however I’m also here if I can help you on my end in any way! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

take555
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, @Jane .

Thank you for your kind response.

I have been searching for best solution in Dropbox forum.

and I found it.

I am now happy with it,

and I can continue to use Dropbox.

Thank you for taking care.

Need more support?