Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can you stop spamming me? I'm getting furious...

Explorer | Level 4

I've been an evangelical for Dropbox, for its superior performance.

Now, I am questioning this support, as you continue to spam us via toasters for add-on services despite our clear preference setting otherwise. WTF? When we say "No Notifications" we mean "No Notifications."

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Stop the spam, you a-holes.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @clayton v. - sorry to hear you feel this way.

I see your inquiry is about the desktop app so I'll have to assume that you have disabled all notifications on the Dropbox desktop application by following the steps below and still get some (spam as you described it). 

Spoiler
1) Click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray
2) Click on the gray colored gear icon
3) Select "Preferences..."
4) Toggle the boxes of the notifications you'd like to enable or disable. 

If that's indeed the case (or not), could you share a screenshot of this so I can have a full view of the problem for a complete feedback report? 

Thanks in advance and happy New Year Clayton!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Despite setting our preferences for NO NOTIFICATIONS WHATSOEVER you constantly toaster us if we want to try "Showcase"- we click this down then you send the same spam again in a day or two. Just freaking STOP. We are professional users. We work for a living. We are not millennials sitting at home wishing you would help us organize a photo album. We don't want to talk to you during the workday, literally or figuratively. Windows does not let us turn off notifications without turning off the icon, and the icon is important as it tells us if we are connected and if the files are synced.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this and thanks for the additional information @clayton v.

I've reached out via email to the address you use for your forum's profile (thus creating a ticket for you under ID: 8710456 ) so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools available.

When you get the chance, take a look at your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and have a magnificent new Year!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?