cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel a manual upload in progress on android app

Cancel a manual upload in progress on android app

CQcumber
Explorer | Level 3
***I don't use auto camera uploads.***

I've been using manual uploads on my android app, but sometimes they've been uploading as duplicates. I think it's not recognised existing files in the dropbox folder before I share them (this is me uploading from a folder in my phone to check everything has transferred to dropbox before deleting on my phone).

It's now meant i have hundreds of duplicates. I can't stop the upload and when i quit the app, when i log in again it just continues uploading the rest.

Why isn't there a cancel uploads option?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cancel a manual upload in progress on android app

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @CQcumber,

When you open up the Dropbox app on your mobile device can you navigate to the Home tab and towards the top of the screen, just above the file display, you should see the upload progress. If you click “view” next to this you will see which files are uploading and have the option to cancel the upload from there.

If you’re not able to see this then please let me know what you can see from the Home tab or where you see the uploading progress. If you could provide any screenshots (excluding any personal info), it's always appreciated!

Let me know what you find - Cheers!  

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Cancel a manual upload in progress on android app

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @CQcumber,

When you open up the Dropbox app on your mobile device can you navigate to the Home tab and towards the top of the screen, just above the file display, you should see the upload progress. If you click “view” next to this you will see which files are uploading and have the option to cancel the upload from there.

If you’re not able to see this then please let me know what you can see from the Home tab or where you see the uploading progress. If you could provide any screenshots (excluding any personal info), it's always appreciated!

Let me know what you find - Cheers!  

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?