cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling/Deleting/ Uninstalling dropbox

Cancelling/Deleting/ Uninstalling dropbox

Isabelle
New member | Level 2

I did install dropbox several years ago and did not use it even once. Every time I turn on my Apple computer, I get a message asking for a password and another message asking for accessibility. I did removing the software but I keep getting those 2 messages. And now I have had to reinstall dropbox so I can access this forum! i

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Re: Cancelling/Deleting/ Uninstalling dropbox

Ed
Dropboxer
Hi Isabelle

Are you trying to completely remove Dropbox (and purge your account) or just trying to get rid of these messages?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Isabelle
New member | Level 2

Ed, many thanks for your answer. I would like to do both: get rid of the messages at startup and remove Dropbox. I never used Dropbox ( I have been using ICloud)  so there are no documents, pictures or anything to worry about. It seems that one of the problems is that Dropbbox opens up at startup, so it is not possible to remove the program.

Do you have any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Isabelle

Ed
Dropboxer
Hi Isabelle,

You can remove it just like any other application on your computer. Make sure you're the admin of your machine so you perform these actions.

Here are the instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/41

Thanks!

Ed G

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Isabelle1
New member | Level 2

hello Ed:

Many thanks for following up. I have been following the instructions. The application no longer opens at start up. However, it is still there . When I try to move it to trash, it is not possible and the error message is that some of the plug ins are in use. Under preferences- general, all the boxes have been unchecked and this account is not linked to any other account. The system is asking me to sign up. What should I do? Thank you in advance for your answer. Isabelle

Ed
Dropboxer
Hi Isabelle

When you say 'it's still there', do you mean the icon on the desktop or an icon on the icon tray? Where exactly is it being shown?

Are you moving it from the 'Applications' folder directly to trash?

Also, sorry for another question - are you an admin on your computer?

Ed G

Isabelle1
New member | Level 2

Hi Ed:  Yes, I am the administrator and sole user of this computer. The icon is still in the Applications folder. Yes, I have been trying to move it directly from the Applications folder to trash.

Thanks. Isabelle

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Isabelle1 New member | Level 2
    Ed Dropboxer
    Isabelle New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?