cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Open DropBox in Windows 7 32 Bit

Cannot Open DropBox in Windows 7 32 Bit

gwj3
Explorer | Level 4

I cannot open DropBox in Windows 7 32 Bit. I was able to until today. I uninstalled and re-installed the software with the new version.

7 Replies 7

Betreff: Cannot Open DropBox in Windows 7 32 Bit

Der_Wuerfler
New member | Level 2

Same here: Update did not succeed, uninstall and reinstall (freshly downloaded web- and offline-installer) also no luck!

gwj3
Explorer | Level 4

I tried several other steps today including uninstalling again followed with another fresh install in the "Clean Boot" mode. I also did a fresh install with the firewall off. Nothing worked. I decided to switch to iCloud Drive for my Windows 7 system but I still use DropBox on Windows 10. I don't understand why all of the sudden it stopped working a couple of days ago. Oh well. Good Luck!

gwj3
Explorer | Level 4

I thought I should mention that Internet Explorer is acting a bit strange. Whwn I press the X Close button in the top right corner, I get an error message that says "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" . I switched over to Chrome as the default browser. 

Also; it is worth taking a look at the settings in msconfig to make sure that DropBox is checked in the Services Tab. 

Re: Cannot Open DropBox in Windows 7 32 Bit

Ross_S
Dropboxer
Hey all, can you try with the latest version, if it doesn't work then can you let us know the error log here and we'll b happy to help.

gwj3
Explorer | Level 4

No, No, that did not help. I love DropBox on Win 10 but I will not try again on Win 7. I was using Virtual Box for Win 7. Anyway; it does no longer work for me on my Win 7 Pro. Thanks! 😉

supercissi
New member | Level 2

Hi Ross, I have the same problem as described here. Dropbox has been working fine until a few days ago, when the following error message turned up when I start my computer: "This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "". Available platform plugins are: minimal, offscreen, windows. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem". I'm running Windows 7 professional 64 bit.

Ross_S
Dropboxer

Hi there,

Many apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

It seems likely that a graphic element is the issue if it's referencing Qt. After updating your graphics card drivers to the most up to date then, assuming you're not on a VM or remotely accessing the machine in some way, I'm afraid you're going to need 1:1 support from us here.

I'll be happy to help if you submit a support ticket and let me know its number.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ross_S Dropboxer
    supercissi New member | Level 2
    gwj3 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?