cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Sync Dropbox Plus Account

Cannot Sync Dropbox Plus Account

stevejcowen
New member | Level 2

Bought a second Mac. Want to Sync DropBox with my first Mac. I have DropBox Plus and the folder is way under quota. DropBox on second Mac somehow got another one of my email addresses so it thinks that I have DropBox Basic. Want to change the email address on DropBox for the new Mac so that it knows that I have DropBox Plus and it will sync the folders, obviously. It will not let me do that because it says that the first email address is already taken (obviously! It is the email address I used to purchase DropBox Plus!). I am now in an endless loop. How do I tell DropBox on the new Mac the email address that I used to buy DropBox Plus on the first Mac? I tried verifying the original email address, too. But that did not help either.

2 Replies 2

Re: Cannot Sync Dropbox Plus Account

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @stevejcowen, thanks for taking the time to message us!

It sounds like the second account is signed into the Dropbox desktop application. Try signing out of the app in the preferences page, and then sign into the same account you had on the older Mac device.

This should allow the files to sync down from there onto your new machine.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Cannot Sync Dropbox Plus Account

drkimball
Helpful | Level 7

Jusy give up and switch to a different solution.  Dropbox is incapable of syncing your files correctly. I am still another few months away from finally getting all of our business users off of this nightmare of a cloud solution.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?