cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to dropbox site through my pc

Cannot connect to dropbox site through my pc

Aristotelis
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, i have an issue connecting to dropbox website through my windows pc. I connect normally through my android phone from the same network as my pc. I even tried a different wifi network to connect through with my pc but still nothing. I have disabled Kaspersky Internet Security and i do not have anything to my firewall as i can see. I can ping the ip of Dropbox site but i cannot connect to it. I cleared Firefox cache and tried a second browser, Microsoft edge.

5 Replies 5

Re: Cannot connect to dropbox site through my pc

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello @Aristotelis, thanks for reaching out!

Can you clarify for me, are you getting a specific error when you try going to the Dropbox website?

If so, please send me a screenshot of this, as the visual is always helpful.

Looking forward to your reply!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Aristotelis
Explorer | Level 4
Hello Daphne, thank you for replying so quick.
I get an error of unable to connect (problem loading page).
I am currently replying from my phone since all browsers from my pc show the same error.
I run vm windows and linux operating systems and they open the site just fine.
My router does not have any issues since my phone goes through just fine as my vm's.
My windows 10 os though cannot seem to pass this hurdle. I do not want to resolve to formatting my pc.
Also, i downloaded the Dropbox installer and have installed it without issues and works just fine. But still i cannot have access to the website.
How can i upload a screenshot to the Dropboxforum from my mobile?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for clarifying that @Aristotelis!

You should see a camera icon in the formatting bar when you're replying to a post here on the Community.

If you don't see this option though, you can add the screenshot to your Dropbox account and send a shared link.

Also, just to rule out a few possibilities, does using an incognito/private browsing window make any difference?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Aristotelis
Explorer | Level 4
Hello Daphne,
No unfortunately not, the incognito/private mode does not help.
I have tried with Kaspersky totally disabled and windows security too.
Flushed and reset dns windows 10 cache also to no success either.
I could not find anything relative on the web nor even on this forum that is why, i contacted support.
If this gets more troublesome than it already is, i will just stop trying.
Thank you for all your help.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpaoft31u4rxzt1/dropbox.JPG?dl=0

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Aristotelis, most likely there is a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

Since it's only occurring on the Windows machine, try disabling all extensions in the browser, and reading up this information regarding Kaspersky, which can cause issues.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Aristotelis Explorer | Level 4
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?