cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot download PDFs on mobile Android

Cannot download PDFs on mobile Android

wendyclark
New member | Level 2

Do you have any plans to correct the problem reported on this thread that I can't reply to: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/How-do-I-open-PDF-files-from-Dropbox-o...

I have tried to download free gift checklists/PDF files from several different sources (ex Miracle Morning, some author websites, Goodreads) and they never work correctly. I can look at them and then after a second the image disappears from the screen. And whatever downloads, I can't open it on my phone at all. I am able to download and open PDFs from all other sources. PDFs shared via Dropbox are the only problem.

I don't use any browser except what's on my mobile device because I don't have any other browsers. I always have to go to a computer. I will never share files on Dropbox thanks to this experience that affects everyone with an Android. Dropbox mobile is broken.

1 Reply 1

Re: Cannot download PDFs on mobile Android

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @wendyclark; welcome to our Community!

Can you please clarify if you're having issues with downloading those PDF files or previewing them?

Also, can you preview them normally on our website through a web browser? 

When it comes to your Android device, can you clarify its OS version and the version of our mobile app as well?

Thanks a bunch, Wendy. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?