cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

alex870
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Stesso problema anche a me, cosa è successo ? Aggiornate per favore

Alessio

From Italy

avdburg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem. Also siwtched of ESET for 10 minutes. But still the same problem. Must bij Dropbox and the latest version. 😞

david u.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Dropbox will not connect to my computer. Message is variously your date and time are wrong, or there is no internet connection. but computer works perfectly, is online, and time and date are correct. i even reset them.

I had verizon tech support, level 2, to which I subscribe, spend about an hour hooked up to my computer, running through all possible solutions they could figure out, and no results. I am running windows 10.

The dropbox app on my samsung note ultra 20 works perfectly. I can download to my phone microsoft word app and work on my files on the phone, but no luck on the computer.

I read online previous discussions about this same problem others had, but their solutions didn't work for me, or the verizon tech support.

There doesn't seem to be any way to contact dropbox directly, which is frustrating.

Thanks for your help.  And if anyone knows how to contact dropbox directly, let me know.

Payam
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

uhhhh...

me too!

I haven't any problem with version 110. what has happened?

alex870
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Potete risolvere scaricando la versione beta qui:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-112-3-254/td-p/476277 

Saluti

Alessio

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I've been merging all posts related to this issue into this thread. For those of you that have posted recently, you can resolve this issue by installing the latest Beta release.

PG0607
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Many thanks, The 112.3.254 version has been just installed. It has synchronised files between my laptop and the Dropbox cloud in a minute or so. Now, the Dropbox is back in the game.

Thanx again

PG

coyotius
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

NO.  I installed the BETA version and I still can't connect via Chrome, so the issue isn't solved unfortunately.  I still get the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED on only a single PC.

Angel Quinteiro TA
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Excelente Funciono. Gracias

Chris1385
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good morning. I'm dealing with a problem. Suddenly dropbox showed a message which was saying"Can't establish secure connection" and then my pc showed a second message which was saying : you computer is currently offline. please check your network settings. My settings are updated properly but it still show tha message. I was connected to internet via several netwroks but the problem remains. I found articles about similar problems which where fixed by changing the proxy option to no proxy but nothing.

Do you know what can I do?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Herman66 Explorer | Level 3
    Junaid2 Explorer | Level 3
    Poseidon_Simons Explorer | Level 4
    MaxN68 Explorer | Level 4
    brunol49 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?