cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can't establish a secure connection

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

justforfunband
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Beta version will not run on windows 8.1 !!!

justforfunband
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Windows 8.1 machine says it can not run the beta version!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Lead Savvy, I've merged you to a thread with similar queries. Could you try installing the beta version of the Dropbox desktop application to see if this helps?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

thomsg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

recently I changed to a new laptop and downloaded dropbox. initially, everything was working fine but 1 fine day dropbox show "can't establish secure internet connection" but my internet is working fine. tried reinstalling but doesn't work. 

I checked the FAQ, switched off my firewall, and ESET anti-virus but the problem still exists. 

Dropbox doesn't provide a step by step instructions in resolving this issue for tech-noob like me and they do not have an email where I can get help. 

Please advise. 

azreiner
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It looks like the beta version 112.3.254 corrects this problem.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-112-3-254/td-p/476277

Installed this afternoon and everything is fine.

lucyp23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have this problem too - and I can see that we have all had this issue since Saturday (could be Friday for some as I'm in Australia). There must have been some sort of update/tweak to their protocols which is causing this. Very frustrating because it makes Dropbox impossible to use unless you use it through the browser (and in that case why use Dropbox and not something else?) Has anyone been contacted by Dropbox with a solution? (*cough cough* customer service)

lucyp23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have eset too, this isn't anything to do with them

lucyp23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have an institutional account and have submitted a request for help with this issue. When they get back to me I will post their advice here and hopefully it helps you guys (assuming they solve the problem)

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your ongoing reports on this one people!

For those of you using ESET, could you try the following steps and let us know if this persists? 

1. Open the main program window of your Windows ESET product.

2. Press F5 to access Advanced setup.

3. Click Web and Email, expand Protocol Filtering and then click the slider bar next to Enable application protocol content filtering to enable or disable this feature.

4. Look for "Excluded applications" and click on Edit.

5. Add Dropbox and Dropbox Update.

6. Click OK.

Note that you may need to reboot your machine(s) for this to take effect. 

Keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

olaab
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I tried to turn off all security programs but it did not help. I restarted the router and checked the time settings. Nothing gave any results. Installed so the Beta 112.3.254 and now everything seems to work nice again. I had problems with "can't get a secure internet connection" message all the time.

Regard

Ola A.

Sweden 

Need more support?