cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't establish secure internet connection

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I've just received some news that I'd like to share with you all here!

It appears that ESET has fixed the problem that was causing this error.

For anyone running ESET on their device, please update to the most recent version of ESET to update to the software.

Once you've done this, you should be fine to revert back to the latest stable version of the Dropbox desktop app. You can install this from here.

Otherwise, you can just allow the app to auto-update to the latest stable when a new version is released.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

alexnt
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It works now.

I never installed the beta version and just waited for the fix.

Donna7752
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Got a lovely surprise this morning. No little red mark re secure connection and a DB updated!

I'd been holding out. Didn't change any ESET settings or install Beta version DB. Glad now.

Am sure the community's unceasing pressure is responsible for the solution having been found after a very frustrating week. So we all deserve a huge round of applause!

MaxN68
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ho lo stesso problema, con la stessa versione ed Eset.

Ho disattivato tutto, reinstallato Dropbox, ma nulla risolve il problema.

Nuno Sacramento
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I think the problem is solved...

Thank you.

Albert van der Mooren
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I found a solution for the problem 'dropbox failed to establish secure connection' with ESET.

What you can do is open ESET.
Select  SETUP and right down under  'Advanced Setup'
Go to 'WEB and Email'  and click on it
There you see two items :   Protocol Filtering and  SSL/TLS

Click on SSL/TLS

Now I  leave that enabled .

And I still keep Automatic Mode

But  click on the Edit option  right from :  List of  SSL/TLS filtered applications

Now you see a whole bunch of applications .. and Dropbox is one of them.
Double click on each line containing dropbox .. and select there  'ignore'
When ready select OK  to save the new setting.

It would also have worked when you have disabled  ' SSL/TLS protocol filtering  ' but I found that a big risk
regarding protection.  I only made an exception for Dropbox but left the rest what it is.
It seems Dropbox and ESET on this SSL/TSL protocol filtering is not a good combination

MaxN68
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Risolto, grazie

Poseidon_Simons
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

it's strange but it fixed itself. It's fine now

Junaid2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Unknown error