cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

ABorelli
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here unfortunately, with the desktop app.

System clock is correct, I disabled my firewall and antivirus, updated my OS to the latest W10 update, uninstalled and installed again Dropbox... but still nothing.

It says "Unable to establish a secure connection".

Dropbox website works correctly instead.

How can we solve that?

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Daphne I can connect to the website just fine.

Perl
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem on my PC after the last update:

.ScreenShot570.jpg

fikusindigo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello.

Since yesterday, my Dropbox refuses to sync. The message "Can't establish a secure internet connection" is displayed. I'm running Windows 10, with ESET antivirus. I tried disabling both ESET and Windows defender, as well as setting the proxy setting for Dropbox to No proxy. With no change.

Sneaker42
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have the same problem since the last update to 11.4.472.

You guys messed up the certificate that rolled out with the latest update and now you blame us.

My system hasn't changed in a while. No change in firewall or proxy. Dropbox just don't work anymore, since it can't connect anymore.

How can we get an updated version, since the internal update won't work, since we can't get a connection to the server?

Sneaker42
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes I can confirm it is just the windows 10 desktop app v111.4.472 thats broken. I can still log into website, otherwise I couldn't post here, or?

The mentioned article doesn't help a bit. Firewall, proxy, system time all has been checked twice and it's fine.

gpachler
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

after upgrade to Stable Build 111.4.472 Dropbox doesn't work anymore on my Windows 8.1 installation.

Error Message (in German): Es kann keine sicher Internetverbindung hergestellt werden -> A secure internet connection cannot be established

After installing the old Stable Build 110.4.458 Dropbox worked until the automatic update process again installed Stable Build 111.4.472.

On windows 10 I don't have problems with the new build.

I also tried to switch off firewall and virus scanner but unfortunately with no result.

Is it possible to stick with an older working version of Dropbox and to switch off automatic updating?

Thanks and kind regards,

Gerhard Pachler

Chemagc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hola desde hace unos días es imposible acceder al programa de windows de dropbox, ha sido actualizado pero siempre da el mismo error y la hora y configuración es la correcta.error dropbox.JPG

intz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I uninstalled the last version of dropbox and installed the previous one.  Everything works fine now. So it seems to be a problem of the new version. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Herman66 Explorer | Level 3
    Junaid2 Explorer | Level 3
    Poseidon_Simons Explorer | Level 4
    MaxN68 Explorer | Level 4
    brunol49 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?