cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn about how Kev uses Dropbox to make sure he keeps track of all the new music he listens to? Check out his tips here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find offline files after Android 11

Cannot find offline files after Android 11

Sliu73
New member | Level 2
After I upgraded to Android 11, I can no longer find my files under /Android/data/com.Dropbox.Android anymore
In fact, there's no Android/data only Android/.Data, which is empty.
Any advice?
9 Replies 9

Re: Cannot find offline files after Android 11

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @Sliu73, thanks for checking in. 

Out of curiosity, are you still able to find and access the files in question through your mobile app?

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Tech-NICE
Explorer | Level 4
Hello,
I am having the same issue. I am able to access my files through the app but not with any file viewer. However, I store audio files and some player work and others give a storage unmounted error.

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Tech-NICE, if you're trying to access offline files via the file manager on your Android, then this is no longer possible following a recent change to the app.

I hope this helps to clarify matters.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Tech-NICE
Explorer | Level 4
Hello, thanks for the reply. Is this change consistent across all android versions? Particularly Android 10.

Walter
Dropboxer

I'm assuming that the answer is yes @Tech-NICE.

That said, you may want to try exporting those files to the 3rd party apps you mentioned. 

You could also check the App Center to see if any of those are listed there so you can connect them to your account.

I know this is not much, but I hope this helps. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Offline files location after Jan 2021 migration

quickdraw
Explorer | Level 4
Android/data/com.dropbox.android is empty after migration! Can't access audiobooks with book/media player (which can't scan Dropbox app as if it was a local folder).

Please don't reply that Dropbox intends offline/downloaded file access only through the Dropbox app. Also I should not have to select folders and download locally just so I can play my books in playlists instead of one file at a time . File access only from Dropbox app is not a sustainable usage philosophy (you will not sustain me as a customer). Dropbox needs mount it's local cache as a filesystem on the device!

Re: Offline files location after Jan 2021 migration

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @quickdraw, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I moved your post here, where other users have expressed a similar issue. 

I understand how important this is for you, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

If you have any other thoughts or questions for us, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

dreamboxerman5
New member | Level 2
This is unbelievable and renders my workflow almost impossible. I will have to take my business elsewhere if this continues in the future.

KaareC
New member | Level 2

On my laptop I stored a few dozen folders of mp3s in a dropbox folder, and on my phone (pixel 4a, android 12, but I think this problem started in 11) I selected "make available offline" for that whole group. The files and folders all downloaded, I can see this in the dropbox app (select Offline in the hamburger menu in the upper left), but they are somewhere hidden and not available to other android apps. I have tried several file managers, including google's files app, and several music players, and they are just not anywhere those apps can see. Dropbox failed to make them available offline, a clear and obvious bug. Please fix it. What is the point of "make available offline" and all that downloading, if the files are unavailable to most apps? Many seem to be complaining about this, no solutions have emerged. Dropbox, we need a solution.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KaareC New member | Level 2
    dreamboxerman5 New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropboxer
    quickdraw Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?