cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Dropbox to close

Cannot get Dropbox to close

janetellen1126
Explorer | Level 3

I have a new MacBook Air that I have the Dropbox app on . But the problem is I cannot get Dropbox to close a little colored spinning wheel keeps going around and a round. It won’t even let me go to the Apple symbols to the left of the word Dropbox at the top of the screen to shut down the MacBook Air. 
so what do I do? 

5 Replies 5

Re: Cannot get Dropbox to close

PabloDaniel0
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, I recommend turning off or restarting your computer and if the problem persists, contact technical support😁

janetellen1126
Explorer | Level 3

I would contact support but I keep getting sent the the “ community forum” and I am a Dropbox Plus customer so that means I am “ suppose” to be able to contact a real Dropbox customer service technician. 
But thank you for your advice.

PabloDaniel0
Explorer | Level 4

Ok

Fernanda Castillo
Explorer | Level 4

Maybe the best you can try is to unistall DropBox app from your computer and use only the online version. The other solution is to perform a forced shutdown through what is called "task manager" in windows. 

janetellen1126
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you for your help,I ended up getting in touch with their customer support as I am a plus customer and they had me go into the activity monitor and close it down, and it worked. Your idea might if worked but the color spinner was blocking the drop down menu with the close button on it and also the Apple force shutdown to the left of the spinning color wheel.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?