cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cannot install Dropbox client on Android version 9. Message You cannot install this app because ...

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I receive a message that says: "Cannot install this app because another user has already installed an incompatible version on these device".
Dropbox client was previously installed and present before the upgrade to Android version 9. Now I cannot see Dropbox in the list of apps. Is there a way to remove this "hidden" app? And is Dropbox client compatible with Android 9?
3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Cannot install Dropbox client on Android version 9. Message You cannot install this app because

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there @Bergenf

Initially, please note that you can find the system requirements to run the mobile app on your Android here.

Could you please provide a bit more info as to how you’re trying to install the app and what steps you’re taking so as to result in this error? Could you also send a screenshot of the error message that you’re seeing so as to have a better understanding of your concern? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Cannot install Dropbox client on Android version 9. Message You cannot install this app because

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I am trying to install the Dropbox with Google Play. After I press the Install button, I get the error message. ( But I don't see where or how I can upload a screenshot)
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift response, @Bergenf! You can upload a screenshot using one of the options illustrated below:

Attach image.png

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Need more support?