cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to dropbox account error saying " you have older version of dropbox"

Cannot login to dropbox account error saying " you have older version of dropbox"

16ik10
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I am unable to log in to Dropbox account as after installing it gives me an error saying " you have older version of dropbox". When I try downloading a newer version, I get "error 2" for installing it. To get around error 2 I tried to download it from a link shared in this community. 

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=77.3.127&plat=win&type=full 

This helped to get around error 2 and install the dropbox. But now I cannot log in to my dropbox app in Windows 10 to set it up.

My dropbox was running fine until 2 weeks back when I started seeing that files are not getting synced and there was a prompt to update dropbox. Trying to run the update and downloading the new version started the problem. I have now tried every fix (uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting catch and local files and then again reinstalling). But nothing works. Request your help.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Re: Cannot login to dropbox account error saying " you have older version of dropbox"

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @16ik10, thanks for messaging today!

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try an advanced reinstall of the app using the steps in this link?

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Cannot login to dropbox account error saying " you have older version of dropbox"

12ik10
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay,

This is 16ik10. I cannot somehow use my username to post here. I have already completed the advanced install. It gives me the same error. I have only one device linked to dropbox.

Thanks.

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @12ik10, if you can't sign in with the first account, then you most likely have two Dropbox accounts. 

If one of them is a paid account, you can try contacting support directly using this link for them to assist further on this matter.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?