cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to dropbox app on multiple pcs

Cannot login to dropbox app on multiple pcs

chartwig1980
Explorer | Level 4

I have successfully logged into my dropbox account with a username and password. I then download the dropbox installer and installed the dropbox app. The app installs and askes me to login but it will not accept my username and password. I've verified I'm using the exact same password that I use to successfully login to my dropbox account. I'm even using a password manager to enter the passwords exactly the same. I tired to login from another computer and I'm getting the exact same issue. I can login through the web browser without issue but I cannot login to the dropbox app. Anyone else experience this issue and know how to resolve it?

7 Replies 7

Re: Cannot login to dropbox app on multiple pcs

biseyre
New member | Level 2

I have the same issue. I hope I get a solution soon. :relieved:

pureheni
Explorer | Level 3

maybe you need logout from app on 1st pc first?

chartwig1980
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm not logged into Dropbox on any other system. I have not used dropbox for over a year because I have been using Onedrive.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @chartwig1980 and @biseyre, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Just to cover some of the first steps here, can you both confirm for me if you're using Basic accounts? You can check your plan from here if you're not sure.

If you happen to be on Basic plans, can you please check if you currently have 3 devices or more connected to your account from your security page here?

It's important to check from that page as previously used devices may have not been disconnected properly.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

chartwig1980
Explorer | Level 4

Here is what I see in my account.

Plan

Dropbox Basic

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @chartwig1980, could you also double-check that you're entering the correct email address as the one you see listed in your General tab online?

If it is the same email address, could you send us a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message that you get? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

chartwig1980
Explorer | Level 4

Yes I'm logging in with the email address listed under General.

I have resolved the issue myself and moved on. I changed my email address in account settings and was able to login with the new email address. Problem solved.

Thanks

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

chartwig1980 Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropboxer
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?