cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make initial login on Windows 7

Cannot make initial login on Windows 7

MinaHardyP
New member | Level 2

This is a problem that's been happening since 2016 by looking at previous responses.

The typical response from tech support is "You have ISP/VPN/Connection" issues preventing Dropbox from connecting, which is NOT THE CASE.

The issue is the rendering method of the window, since it actually DOES connect to the login screen, it just isn't displaying it. I have included an attachment, which shows a very common "side effect" of faulty rendering on Windows apps.

I'm actually able to login by clicking/using keyboard shortcuts (e.g. TAB key) even though I can't see anything. 

Can you please fix this? Your rendering method of this browser screen is incompatible with Windows 7 Ultimate, with all updates installed.

Untitled.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot make initial login on Windows 7

Rich
Super User II

@MinaHardyP wrote:

Your rendering method of this browser screen is incompatible with Windows 7 Ultimate, with all updates installed.

That's not true. I've had no issues installing and logging in to Dropbox on WIndows 7, Pro or Ultimate. The issue is likely something local to your computer and/or environment. You should contact Support directly so they can assist in troubleshooting the problem you're having.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@MinaHardyP wrote:

Your rendering method of this browser screen is incompatible with Windows 7 Ultimate, with all updates installed.

That's not true. I've had no issues installing and logging in to Dropbox on WIndows 7, Pro or Ultimate. The issue is likely something local to your computer and/or environment. You should contact Support directly so they can assist in troubleshooting the problem you're having.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

View solution in original post

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey MinaHardyP, thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Forum, I hope you’re doing well today! 

I’m just checking back on the progress of this issue you’ve described above, as I was unable to locate a ticket on our system. Have you contacted us by any chance, as @Rich suggested? If not, I could follow-up on your request on my end, so please keep me updated on this post & I’ll do my best to move forward on this matter. 

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?