cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open pdf files after ios dropbox app upgrade 132.2.2

Cannot open pdf files after ios dropbox app upgrade 132.2.2

FelipeP
Helpful | Level 6
Hi guys, since dropbox app 128.2 on december i am having problems opening pdf files on my iphone 6s ios 12.1.4. Only pdf files. They keeps loading but never finished (or never started)
After your update 130.2, problem are solved.
But now, after 132.2 upgrade yesterday, problem is back again.
The strange thing is that i tried to open it with ios FILES app and it worked fine. But i hate files app.
But through my usual dropbox app, it doesnt open since last upgrade.

On version 128.2 i saw many reviews at apple store complaining about the same problem. And for me, fixed on 130.2 upgrade, but not this time.
Ive already deleted dropbox app, and reinstalled and no sucess.

How can fix that? Is there anyone experiencing the same?
Is there anyway i can download old version 130.2 that was perfect??

Ps: i tried using my wife iphone 6s that runs dropbox 130.2 (tks god she didnt upgrade), login into my account and works fine. So it might be a problem with this 132.2.2 app version.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot open pdf files after app upgrade 132.2.2

FelipeP
Helpful | Level 6
Tks for your suggestion, tried but still the same.

I think it is a app version problem again, since it surges after upgrade to 132.2.2.

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED.
I found out that my iphone was running on battery saver mode and my wife was not. Turn off battery saver mode and my pdf starts running.
Couldnt figure out why this happens only with pdfs and not with other files while on low battery. It should have worked even on low battery.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there Felipe - sorry to hear about this. 

Can you try clearing your cache to see if it does the trick for you?

To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:
1. Navigate to the “Personal” tab
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
3. Select “Clear Cache”

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application one last time and then restart your device and log back in again.

Let me know how it goes and we'll take it from there. Thank you.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

FelipeP
Helpful | Level 6
Tks for your suggestion, tried but still the same.

I think it is a app version problem again, since it surges after upgrade to 132.2.2.

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED.
I found out that my iphone was running on battery saver mode and my wife was not. Turn off battery saver mode and my pdf starts running.
Couldnt figure out why this happens only with pdfs and not with other files while on low battery. It should have worked even on low battery.

FelipeP
Helpful | Level 6
Just a Note I found out:
if you are LESS than 20% on battery on iphone (even hooked on) OR using battery saver mode with more than 20% (say 30-40), pdfs viewing STOPS working.
That sucks. I hope that get improved.

Hope that helps others

eliwhittle
New member | Level 2

If this bug still unsolved? I get the error,

"Unable to open document"

"An unknown error occured."

There is no error code and this is happening with all pdfs in my dropbox. It also recently spread to all employees accessing my business dropbox! Please help!

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this @eliwhittle.

Could you please check if you're using the most recent version of the mobile app on your devices by going into your mobile's app store and checking for pending updates? 

In addition, could you forward me a screenshot of the exact error you get so I can have a look too?

While we're at it, could you let me know how these files preview on our website at dropbox.com? 

Thanks in advance!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

eliwhittle
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter, I have made sure I have the latest version of Dropbox and Adobe on all of my devices. In addition, I have made sure the iPads are running the latest version of iOS & followed your advice above. 

The files preview normally on your web app and through the deskop appIMG_0177.jpg

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the swift response @eliwhittle - it's much appreciated.

As a last step, could you confirm that you also cleared the app's cache as mentioned in my initial response on this very same thread?

If you did and this issue still persists, would it be OK if I reached out to your Dropbox associated email address to have a look into this with all of our tools at my disposal? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

eliwhittle
New member | Level 2

Yes, I did clear the cache, logged out, restarted the device, then logged back in and still received the error. 

The issue still persists, it is okay to reach out to me. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for confirming this so swiftly Eli!

I just sent you a brief message so we can work on it together. Whenever you get the chance, please have a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Talk soon!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

eliwhittle New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?