cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reinstall Dropbox on iPhone running iOS 6

Cannot reinstall Dropbox on iPhone running iOS 6

dropo
New member | Level 2

Had to reset the iPhone and reinstall Dropbox. It's iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3), and yes, I know it's old. However, Dropbox was working fine on it. Now App Store gives me "This App Is Incompatible With This iPhone". Well, I have it in my Purchased app list. Surely there must be a way to put the 'last compatible version' back where it was working before. Please, working solution needed. Thanks

2 Replies 2

Re: Cannot reinstall Dropbox on iPhone

Mark
Super User II

If there is a working version available Apple will let you do that via https://smile.helpscoutdocs.com/article/77-i-have-ios-7-how-can-i-download-a-version-of-the-app-whic... , however, if there isnt then I'm afraid there isnt a way of doing so and you'll need to just use the mobile website. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Cannot reinstall Dropbox on iPhone

dropo
New member | Level 2

Mark, thanks for your fast reply! Before, I was able to use this method and it worked. Not now, unfortunately... Do you know if 156 was the last version compatible with iOS 6? I wish I saved my apps locally (even though this wouldn't work as they appear to flip the kill switch on server side for old versions).

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?