cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save Excel files after saving a copy to a different Dropbox folder - iOS

Cannot save Excel files after saving a copy to a different Dropbox folder - iOS

SitechCharlie
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem every time I save my Excel doc to Dropbox. I have a template (xltx) I use and "save as” to various folders on my Dropbox account. Similarly, I will "save a copy” of a xlsx version of said template and experience the same error.

Attached is a screen shot of what I see.B37CDEBF-1485-4BE3-88AB-1E473361D553.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot save Excel files after saving a copy to a different Dropbox folder - iOS

Norah
Dropboxer

Hey SitechCharlie, thanks for all the information provided!

As this is an issue that needs thorough investigation could you raise a ticket with our team here so that we can troubleshoot further for you

Once you’ve raised the ticket please include the ID and I’ll make sure that a colleague handles your case asap

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Re: Cannot save Excel files after saving a copy to a different Dropbox folder - iOS

SitechCharlie
Explorer | Level 3

Logging out and back in to Dropbox within Excel doesn't fix the problem either.

SitechCharlie
Explorer | Level 3

Also seeing this error with the same doc as the previous screen shot.6FEA2FF3-79CC-4EB4-AD97-761D320D2642.png

Minato
Dropboxer

Hey @SitechCharlie,

Can you try to Export the file, do the edits you want and then re-upload?

To export other files:

1. Open the file you’d like to export in the Dropbox app

2. Tap the 3 dots (...) on the top-right and select “Export”.

3. In the lower row, tap “Open In…” - this will show you a list of apps to export this file to.

Let me know of the results!

Minato
Moderator @ Dropbox

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

SitechCharlie
Explorer | Level 3

I followed your instructions. I then saved a copy as instructed by the app since it was read only. Then I get these errors when I try to reopen the file to edit it further. That file type is supported by the app, so something in your process is faulty. The standard process of opening the file through Excel or through Dropbox should work, but it seems like Dropbox is telling Excel that the file is open when it actually isn't.5DDA0C71-E1E3-487A-9BC8-C4FD9A268335.png

69307060-94B0-462C-AFDE-35D5F4E57D24.png

SitechCharlie
Explorer | Level 3

9C79D295-AFC3-4927-A509-7729B95C4E8F.png

Norah
Dropboxer

Hey SitechCharlie, thanks for all the information provided!

As this is an issue that needs thorough investigation could you raise a ticket with our team here so that we can troubleshoot further for you

Once you’ve raised the ticket please include the ID and I’ll make sure that a colleague handles your case asap

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Norah Dropboxer
    SitechCharlie Explorer | Level 3
    Minato Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?