cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot sing-in to Dropbox app on iPhone (Error 500)

Cannot sing-in to Dropbox app on iPhone (Error 500)

Samnersy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello

I'm using dropbox for several years and I really love that. Much appreciate for this EXCELLENT app. 

However,  unfortunately, it is a while I cant sign-in the dropbox app on iPhone.

Recently I moved to a new iPhone, installed a fresh copy, and tried to sign-in. It shows "Sign-in Failed, The operation couldn't complete. (dropbox.com error 500)"

It is noteworthy that on the website I can log-in nicely and it works well. I have a problem with log-in on the iPhone app. 

Thanks

13 Replies 13

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Samnersy, could you try contacting our Support team once more, but this time navigate to the link that Daphne mentioned from an incognito/private browser, without signing in? 

Let us know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Samnersy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Daphne and Lusil,

I appreciate a lot for communication to solve this problem. 

I received  an email containing a ticket number from Lea as below:

Ticket #10932321: DB: Cannot sing-in to Dropbox app on iPhone. 

Replied back and looking forward to hearing from them soon.

Thanks

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @Samnersy

I've made sure to pass your comments to the ticket you mentioned here, so that our member of the team reviewing this for you has all the relevant information to continue their investigation. 

In the meantime, you can also check if you have any pending updates on the device that you're having trouble with, as well as resetting your network's settings, in case it helps. 

Let us know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Samnersy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dear Lusil and Daphne,

I could connect to dropbox now, and my problem solved. I guess the support team made some correction.

Difeniatily I couldn't do anything.

Much appreciate for your support and keep this app fantastic.

Thank you
Hamid

Need more support?