cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sing-in to Dropbox app on iPhone (Error 500)

Cannot sing-in to Dropbox app on iPhone (Error 500)

Samnersy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello

I'm using dropbox for several years and I really love that. Much appreciate for this EXCELLENT app. 

However,  unfortunately, it is a while I cant sign-in the dropbox app on iPhone.

Recently I moved to a new iPhone, installed a fresh copy, and tried to sign-in. It shows "Sign-in Failed, The operation couldn't complete. (dropbox.com error 500)"

It is noteworthy that on the website I can log-in nicely and it works well. I have a problem with log-in on the iPhone app. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Samnersy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dear Lusil and Daphne,

I could connect to dropbox now, and my problem solved. I guess the support team made some correction.

Difeniatily I couldn't do anything.

Much appreciate for your support and keep this app fantastic.

Thank you
Hamid

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @Samnersy, I hope you're having a good start to your week so far!

Can you let me know if you happen to be on a Basic free plan? With this account you will be limited to connecting 3 devices to your account. You can check out more info on this here.

Do you happen to have 3 or more devices currently connected to your account in your security page online?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Samnersy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dear Daphne,

Thanks for replying

Yes, I have a basic account with a capacity of 14.9GB (referral bonus), and 70.3% of storage filled with documents.

Already I thought that could be the reason, so I removed all connected apps using this link: https://www.dropbox.com/account/connected_apps
Also checked the linking devices on the security tab  and it showed that "We were unable to fetch mobile devices." Currently, only a browser (Chrome) connected to this account, and it is syncing well on PC.

It is noteworthy that I checked the dropbox app using another email (Gmail), and the app works fine.

Again I can connect to the website but cant sign-in on the iPhone app.

😞

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me here @Samnersy!

You would need to check your security tab to see which devices are currently connected to your account rather than the connected apps page. Can you try refreshing the page to see if that will fetch the data?

If not than you can also try clearing your browser cache, using an incognito/private window or even using another web browser to find that data.

It would make sense that you can sign into the app using another Dropbox account, or access the account through the website if the issue is related to have 3 or more devices already connected to the account that you'd like to use.

Let me know if the steps above help with finding the connected devices!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Samnersy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dear Daphne,

Thanks for replying

I thoroughly cleared cash and history. I refreshed the windows and checked the security tab. It shows nothing and I'm pretty sure that I'm singed out from all my other devices (iPhone, iPad and Laptop). I'm sure that I only can connect to dropbox by the website that syncs with a PC). I checked the device connections on an incognito browser too. Look at the attached pics.

Screenshot 2020-07-07 15.18.00.pngScreenshot 2020-07-07 15.18.31.png

Moreover, I changed my basic email to a Gmail and tried to connect by implemented Google connection. The same error I receive.

😞

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the screenshots @Samnersy!

The connected apps page that you showed in your second screenshot is for app integrations like Google or Microsoft Office, not for the Dropbox apps.

Can you please try going directly to your security page here: www.dropbox.com/account/security and scrolling down to the device section there to see if you get the same error or see the devices?

It could be that some old devices are still showing connected due to not being unlinked correctly.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Samnersy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dear Daphne,

It is all clear except my current session (attached screenshot)

Moreover, I thought it could be related to my shared folder. I did unshare and removed all my shared folders. Still receive the same error. 

😞

Screenshot 2020-07-07 15.47.49.png

Samnersy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello

I still have a problem with sing-in can anyone help with this?

@Daphne 

@Rich 

@Mark 

@Tom_M 

@310EI 

@wowtah 

@Elixir 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Apologies @Samnersy, I must have missed your previous reply here!

As you're having trouble with the security page to check on your connected devices, I'd suggest contacting our Support team so that we can have a look into this with you alongside some account specific info.

From an incognito window (or while signed out of Dropbox), please "Submit a help request" from this page. You'll get a ticket number (eg. #1234567) which you can let me know here so I can pass along all the steps we've tried here.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Samnersy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dear Daphne,

Thank you for replying. I sent a ticket at that link and mentioned this forum treat too. In the end, I received this message on the screen. 

"Thanks, we will be in touch."

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Samnersy Helpful | Level 6
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?