cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant add Text to PDF’s any longer on my iOS device.

Cant add Text to PDF’s any longer on my iOS device.

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6

2ACDE719-2176-4F0B-B134-D8D4B828E7B9.pngA1DE1FE2-FEA8-4CEE-A52A-246AB93BF471.pngHi Dropbox, last October I had an issue where the signature function vanished from Dropbox on ipad & iphones.

Since the last Dropbox App update - the 'text' function wont allow me to add/edit text on to PDF's on ipad or iphone.

I can however, add the 'Date' and Signature functions without problems.

Any help pls?

8 Replies 8

Re: Cant add Text to PDF’s any longer

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @ScottyF, I hope you're well today!

Just to clarify, can you let me know where in the process you're having trouble with adding/editing text? If you're getting any errors then please send a screenshot of this (excluding any personal info).

Otherwise, would you mind sharing a short screen recording if that would be easier to show the issue? You can check out how to do this on your iOS device here.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6

9B8724CE-9062-4A99-B44E-58AA87E650D0.png

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Daphne, as soon as I type/edit and try place it...it disappears

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional info @ScottyF!

As a first step, could you try clearing the cache of the mobile app to see if that does the trick? You can do this by:

1. Open the Dropbox app.

2. Tap the "Account" tab.

3. Tap the gear icon in the top left corner.

4. Choose the option "Clear cache".

If you're still having issues, please let me know which version of the mobile app you have installed. You can find this in the same location as above under "App version".

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

celebrettie
Explorer | Level 3

I'm having the same issue as above.  I've cleared my cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, restarted the iPad in every sequence combination of those three things and still having this problem.  I am on iPadOS app version 190.2.2.

For clarity, adding the signature has no problems at all.  Adding the date (current date) works most of the time.  If I edit the date, it disappears when deselected.  If I add text (any text), it disappears when deselected.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for joining us here @celebrettie!

The info you provided already is much appreciated, I'd just like to ask a few other questions too to try and narrow down the issue a little too if you don't mind doing some troubleshooting with me.

Can you let me know if you have the same behaviour when using a different WiFi connection or even cellular data?

Around what size are the files that you're editing? Have you noticed any difference if you edit files of different sizes?

Finally, and this might seem like a weird one, do your files have any special characters in the filename at all? If so, could you try renaming the file temporarily and let me know if the behaviour persists?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

celebrettie
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the suggestions!  WiFi vs Cellular doesn't make a difference.

Files are between 62KB and 650KB. Doesn't seem to make a difference either.

There are some periods (.) and dashes (-) in the file names, but renaming them doesn't seem to make a difference either. 😞

Thanks for your help; this is very frustrating as the sign & date function is SUPER useful!

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me with all that info @celebrettie!

To look into this further, please submit a ticket with our Support team from here. Once you do so, you'll receive a ticket number (eg. #1234567) which you can let me know so that I can follow up with you there.

This will allow us to do some further investigation into this and see if we can get to the bottom of the issue.

Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?