Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cant establish secure internet connection

Helpful | Level 6

I have a problem with "Cant establish secure internet connection". This only started yesterday. I am convinced that it is a problem with Kapersky Internet Security. If I turn it off, dropbox works. If it's on then the message will appear shortly after. Proxy settings are set to none. Dropbox has been added to Kapersky trusted apps.

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks and best wishes

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cant establish secure internet connection

Super User II
Super User II

Did you add the correct path to the Dropbox executable in Trusted Apps? I ask because the documentation on Kaspersky's site still references the old path.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hello to all!

It seems that the issue with Kaspersky has to do with the HTTPS setting they have preselected.

Once you deactivate it secure connection can be established normaly and everything works fine! The change in the HTTPS protocol is not a major risk in terms of security as they have told me, as the rest of the antivirus keeps checking your systems for any malevolent scripts/programs etc.

This solution was found after I have contacted Kaspersky support as with Dropbox suppport team we were not able to find anything!

I hope it helps you as well!

take care,

Alex

17 Replies 17
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Did you add the correct path to the Dropbox executable in Trusted Apps? I ask because the documentation on Kaspersky's site still references the old path.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for your response. This is the path I have added. Again ThanksThanks for your response. This is the path I have added. Again Thanks

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Ah, Mac. I was assuming Windows, which is where the install path for Dropbox had changed. I'd suggest opening a ticket with Support to see if they can assist you. It would also be worth contacting Kaspersky Support as it's their app that is preventing the connection.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you. Much appreciated

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

It seems that you’ve got the basics down with @Rich - awesome - and I was able to locate your open request from my side. I let a member of my team know and they’ll get back to you with more info on how you can proceed.

Cheers! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you very much. Hopefully all will be good now

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue. Can someone please contact me?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
You will need to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support which you can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies will take a few days, however.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

In order to have better understand that situation, could you ensure if there are any third-party apps that might be blocking/hindering the installation process, like an antivirus? If there are, try temporarily disabling your antivirus or security program or configure your firewall to work with Dropbox.

Also, if you’re connected through a work network, check with your company’s IT department, due to a potential update on your Firewall settings (or another additional security precaution placed) which could be affecting your connection. 

I’d also recommend having a look through this Help Center article for more info in case you come across something that might help resolve your concern. 

Let me know if any of these help and we’ll take it from there. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?