cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cant reinstall dropbox after uninstalling - 3 link rule

Explorer | Level 3

Ok, I got bit.  I recently installed the windows 10-S version by mistake.  After a week of messing with it, I finally was successful uninstalling it.  Now I can't get past the "unlink some of your devices" page.

1)After unlinking on the web, I am still stalled on that page.

2)I see that I should not have unlinked by devices since policy states that I can keep my current devices but not add a new one. 

Since I had 5 devices (2 of the mobile) I am now down to two mobile devices and my formerly connected desktop on which I cannot reinstall the app. 

Appreciate any help from the community or dropbox to 1) install the app and 2) give me back my devices that I unlinked due to unclear and/or missing information from dropbox

Thanks to everyone for the help over the years (since 2014), the community has been the best source of dropbox information/help. If I cannot get this sorted out, I'll have to transfer my data to another cloud provider.

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Cant reinstall dropbox after uninstalling - 3 link rule

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @KaliDurga, thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you’ve made sure that you’ve currently got less than three devices connected to your account, try rebooting your computer - maybe that will do the trick.

We greatly appreciate our users input and are constantly looking to make improvements.

We’re always trying to add value through new feature and product launches, and we’ve recently made updates to our plans to reflect this.

If you haven’t already checked it out, you can find more info about the limit to the number of devices you can link to your account here.

I understand how important this is for you, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Cant reinstall dropbox after uninstalling - 3 link rule

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @KaliDurga,

Unfortunately, the promise you can keep your already connected devices is a slight lie! Actually, you can keep no existing devices, but existing connections (what kind of device - already connected or not - doesn't matter)! Dropbox seems don't want to fix this "lie" in their documentation. Anyway,.. once some connection gets break, even on device connected far away in time, it can't be restored until you cover the new restrictions. That's it, unfortunately.

Hope this adds some clarity.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?