cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Changed SSD Win 10 from 500 GB to 2 TB -> Sync doesn´t work anymore

Helpful | Level 5

I have same firewall settings and all with the computer. I only changed SSD to larger one. And sync stopped after windows recovery. I tried advanced re-install (https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall), but did not help.

I also logged in to dropbox website, and removed from security the "old" version of the computer and logged in with the new setup to see if there is a difference. But no. 

I have dropbox plus account, so I´m not limited either by hardware amounts available for me. In the meanwhile, in the same network I use, all the other devices sync normally.

So, I wonder why syncing fails. The dropbox does not give me error message of any kind. It just has the blue sync symbol there, but no files are downloading from the cloud to my computer. My settings allow downloading of nearly everything back to my computer, just skipping one large video folder.

Hopefully you can help me. Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Changed SSD Win 10 from 500 GB to 2 TB -> Sync doesn´t work anymore

Helpful | Level 5

Hi, maybe it was a network issue, but when I let computer try to sync over night, it  started to work again.. Sorry of bothering u all..

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @juhani1, thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

As a first step, I just wanted to check with you if the location where you moved the Dropbox folder meets the minimum requirements to run the desktop app. 

Could you have a look at this article and let me know? Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hi, maybe it was a network issue, but when I let computer try to sync over night, it  started to work again.. Sorry of bothering u all..

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

No worries, @juhani1! We're here to help after all. 

If anything else pops up in the future, we're only a post away. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?