cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean up App-Auto-Sync Mess!!!

Clean up App-Auto-Sync Mess!!!

PSaR
New member | Level 2

While installing the App, I messed up, leading to a system wide sync of my maschine. Of cause I interrupted this process. But even though I secured my data from loss or theft, I got a new hidden partition on my Disk and the DB-SyncFolder written in every single path of my system. Now I have a brand new system, dropbox free. And stick to the browser version. The last bit of crap, I can't get rid of is 'My PC', containing the clone of my old file system (without any data of cause). How can I get rid of this last souvenier?

I'm glad for every tip.

Thank's

3 Replies 3

Re: Clean up App-Auto-Sync Mess!!!

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @PSaR, thanks for reaching out.

To get rid of the 'My PC' folder, you'll need to actually disable the computer backup feature that you enabled, which you can do from the Dropbox application's preferences

This means that if you uninstalled the application, you'll need to reinstall it to be able to turn off the feature.

If you have any questions about this, let me know. 

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

PSaR
New member | Level 2

Hello Hanna,

thank's for replying so quickly.

I was actually afraid to be forced to do so. In that case I will live with this dummy folder, cause I will never ever install DBs App on one of my systems again. And please report that its an impudence to set this setting to standard. Especially with DBs FreeAccounts memory size in mind, its just useless to do so, but pain in the ass for every customer.

Hannah
Dropboxer
We do appreciate your feedback, @PSaR, and I will make sure your comments are passed along to our developers.

If you ever need anything else, give us a shout.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    PSaR New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?