cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cli-link for linux broken? Can you help somehow?

Cli-link for linux broken? Can you help somehow?

Matthew N.9
New member | Level 1

I'm trying to link my Dropbox to a command line linux client. When I do dropbox start I do get a link https://www.dropbox.com/cli_link?host_id=abcdef0123456 which takes me to a login page. When I try and log in I get an error message that there was a problem completing the request.

If I go just to dropbox.com and login then the credentials work fine...

How do I go about linking Dropbox to my client if it won't let me log in?

Thanks!

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: cli_link broken?

John L.2
Dropboxer

Hi everyone,

This issue should be resolved if you restart the Dropbox process or wait for your nonce value to be refreshed.  Please let us know if you see otherwise.

Thanks,

John

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

energg g.
New member | Level 1

I have run into the same problem with linking my Dropbox to a linux client, any solutions yet.

Thanks

Matthew N.9
New member | Level 1

I emailed support and they are looking into it. I will update with their solution...

energg g.
New member | Level 1

Thanks for the response Matthew. Hopefully they find the solution soon...

Matthew N.9
New member | Level 1

It looks like I had an outdated 2.x version of the Dropbox installer on that machine... Current version is 3.x. Upgrading fixed it.

energg g.
New member | Level 1

Updated to newest versions, now i get:

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forumsfor help, or head back to home.

energg g.
New member | Level 1

Installing new version and using the latest link dropbox generated worked. Thanks for al the help.

yano
New member | Level 1

I installed the latest dropbox-lnx.x86-3.12.5.tar.gz and run .dropbox-dist/dropboxd. Then I accessed the url that was shown in the terminal. But I couldn't get the page. The 404 response code returned.

WP1 H.
New member | Level 1

getting 404 error when I went to https://www.dropbox.com/cli_link_nonce?nonce=xxx

Anyone else having the same issue?

Kyle L.7
New member | Level 1

I'm also getting the 404 issue with 3.12.5. It has also been reported here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204587556-New-Linux-CLI-install-3-12-5-404-err...

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

John L.2 Dropboxer
    Rich Super User II
    Atlasplastics H New member | Level 1
    Kyle L.7 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?