cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine multiple accounts / no password

Combine multiple accounts / no password

RayB415
New member | Level 2

Hi, I have a 1TB account I've had for years it contains a great deal of important business files. I haven't used it for quite some time and since purchased a new computer that came with a small amount of free storage that I associated with my personal email account. Now anytime I get a DB request to sign in google provides my new credentials.

I forgot my password on my old 1TB $12 per month account and I previously deleted the associated email address from the domain so I can not reset my password via email. Any help please?

3 Replies 3

Re: Combine multiple accounts / no password

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email account of the previous account it isnt possible to access it. 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-tips-tricks/I-lost-access-to-my-email-address-how-do-I-sign-...

You can contact support at www.dropbox.com/support while not signed in (possibly use incognito window) to stop payments on it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

RayB415
New member | Level 2

This policy is wrong on so many levels. I have a great deal of important information in the db account that seems is locked to the email address that I deleted. This leaves me in the position to be forced to add mail back to my web package at $189 just to get into an account I pay for monthly. I'm sure there are many scenarios where people change email addresses and still need access to their PAID dropbox account... 

Also on a funny note I did find it somewhat comical that you think there is more than just general community or bot support at www.dropbox.com/support

It should be mandatory for company that charges a fee for their service to offer live support, even a live chat would be helpful. - IMHO

Mark
Super User II

There is an option on there to log a ticket and request support if you are not logged in (hence me saying use an incognito window) OR you are a logged in paying user.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    RayB415 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?