cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer crashed How do I sync the online 2 TB data with the new computer?

Computer crashed How do I sync the online 2 TB data with the new computer?

ruudcor
Explorer | Level 4

Hope someone can help me with this problem I have been trying to find a solution for 6 months now...

My computer crashed, I have the internal drives and a new computer.

Download 2 TB apppears to be be taking a lifetime.

How do I sync the online 2,9 TB data with the new computer? I am almost out of available space... I cannot delete anything that I do not need anymore online, it has to be done from a computer. But such large files downloading takes months.

ers are large Because the foldIs it possible to link the program of Dropbox to the drives I still have? 

Bussiness support could not help. Only that I can delete a bunch of files at the time in Dropbox.com, but these are millions. Some of it in folders of 2 IP-camera's taking pictures every 20 seconds for more than 2 years... 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Computer crashed How do I sync the online 2 TB data with the new computer?

Mark
Super User II
I think then the only way will be to delete via the website but in smaller blocks than you are trying.

I believe a limit of about 10,000 files is imposed on the web. So deleting less than that at one time should work

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
As you obviously have a high plan have you looked at SmartSync: https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/smart-sync ?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ruudcor
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Mark, This is how I am trying to get a part synced on my new computer. Not to have it available, but to be able to delete it... But it takes ages and then I only can delete the IP-camera map, as this is the one being synced selectively at the moment. Not a real solution to delete a lot of the online maps I do not need anymore

Mark
Super User II
I think then the only way will be to delete via the website but in smaller blocks than you are trying.

I believe a limit of about 10,000 files is imposed on the web. So deleting less than that at one time should work

ruudcor
Explorer | Level 4
Thank you

Mark
Super User II
Sorry I cant help more - good luck!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    ruudcor Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?