cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computers not syncing. Can’t access website intermittently

Computers not syncing. Can’t access website intermittently

Dakster903
Explorer | Level 3

We are having issues with computers accessing the dropbox application as well as the dropbox website. The website seems to be an intermittent issue but the folders stay stuck on connecting. We’ve restarted PCs, reset our modem, and nothing has worked. All are Windows 10 PCs.

3 Replies 3

Re: Computers not syncing. Can’t access website intermittently

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @Dakster903, I hope you're having a good week so far!

Could you just clarify for me what issue you're having when trying to access the Dropbox website? Are you getting any specific error messages for example?

Also, are you getting errors in the sync status of the desktop app?

Any further info you can provide on the exact issues you're having accessing either platform would be much appreciated, along with screenshots of any errors (excluding any personal info).

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dakster903
Explorer | Level 3

We figured it out. Our firewall was blocking certain countries and DropBox has servers in the blocked countries. We opened that up and now we are fine. Thanks for the response!

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @Dakster903!

Thanks for sharing your fix with us here too, I'm sure the info will be helpful for anyone else having the same issue too.

If there's anything else that I can help with, please don't hesitate to give me a nudge here. :grin:

Have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?