cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent connections error and smart sync files not working as expected

Concurrent connections error and smart sync files not working as expected

RD00
New member | Level 2

I'm getting a lot of errors in the application logs for the DbxSvc that say the following:

Event ID: 320

Failed to connect to the driver: (-2147023658 ) A connection to the server could not be made because the limit on the number of concurrent connections for this account has been reached. , retrying...

Dropbox appears to be running OK and there are no obvious popup error message from the app, howere the reason for my looking at the logs is that with Smart Sync enabled there are random occasions where it not allow me to open or overwrite files in the Open/Save as Explorer box from standard apps such as Office/Execl/Word without me right-clicking and marking the files as Local Only first, if they are currently online only (grey icon). This can be frustrating, as I assume with Smart Sync it should be that the file automatically downloads to the PC when you go to open it?

Anyone know what the erro might mean, and/or if this is linked to the strange behaviour of online-only files?

Thanks for any help!

3 Replies 3

Re: Concurrent connections error and smart sync files not working as expected

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @RD00, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Could you clarify if the desktop app was installed with admin rights?

Also, a screenshot of the error message would be super helpful, just to get a better visual of it. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

RD00
New member | Level 2

Thanks Lusil. Here is a screenshot of the error event log. The app was installed on the PC via an account with admin rights, but it is running on a standard (non-admin) user account where the smart-sync problem occurs, if that makes a difference?Screenshot 2021-01-05 172322.png

Lusil
Dropboxer

Could you temporarily close any third party app, like an antivirus or a security app, that could be affecting the desktop app from running correctly?

Also, make sure that you've configured your firewall to work with Dropbox. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?